Chiropractic Information You Can Use
What is the best way to care for your body? Where do you turn to get information, and how do you know if that information is dependable and reputable?
When you are experiencing body pain or discomfort, it’s difficult to maintain the frame of mind needed to search for the answers that will offer a better understanding of your condition. If you ask friends, family or associates you will likely get as many different answers and opinions as the number of people questioned.
We, at Ballerini Chiropractic, would like to take a few moments and share with you some facts about chiropractic that you may or may not know – facts you can use to help yourself and others feel as healthy and energetic as possible, before you’re experiencing pain or discomfort.
First, what does chiropractic mean?
[Greek cheir, hand + praktikos, done by]
That science and art concerned with the relationship between the spinal column and the nervous system as it affects the restoration and maintenance of health, primarily utilizing the hands to adjust misaligned or malfunctioning vertebrae.
In a nutshell, this is the science and practice of getting the body to heal itself by addressing the parts and symptoms of the body that can provide the strength to heal. Here are some benefits of chiropractic, benefits of pre-natal chiropractic and some clear delineations of what chiropractic will not do.
Wonderful Benefits of Chiropractic
The benefits of Chiropractic are almost endless, since the goal of chiropractic is to address the whole body, not only its parts. Chiropractic does address specific issues and symptoms as they arise, but its goal is the prevention of injury and disease, increased vitality, health and energy, and maintenance of these higher levels of health. Here’s a short list:
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Reduces recovery time
- Enhances immune system
- Improves oxygenation
- Increases nutrient flow
- Reduces stiffness and pain
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves digestive function
- Improves athletic performance
- Encourages tissue regeneration
Even more benefits include greater health, higher sleep quality, mental alertness, improved lifestyle, better posture, greater happiness and well-being, healthier digestion, increased strength, mobility and vitality and improvements in the Immune, Circulatory and Nervous Systems.
It alike decreases pain, disease, illness, stress, aches, insomnia, anxiety, depression, fatigue, injuries, prescription drug use and over the counter remedies.
Benefits of Pre-Natal Chiropractic Care
For expecting mothers, nothing is more important than her health and that of her baby. Here are some ways chiropractic care can help an expectant mother:
- A healthier pregnancy
- More control over nausea
- Reducing time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Less potential of cesarean section
As 95% of infants have misalignments after birth, Chiropractic has been shown to relax muscles, improve sleep, reduce colic symptoms, and improve breastfeeding in new babies. It has been documented that children that have regular chiropractic adjustments experience less illness than children that don’t.
What does chiropractic not do?
Yes, there are things that Chiropractic does not do, even as the best science of the body that it is.
- It does not promise to “solve” or “fix” your physical problems, though as you can see from the benefits, the improvements you can experience are vast. Very often, you will hear the success stories about the regained physical abilities, which is a resolution. But, your body is the healer, so chiropractic can only claim to help your body heal itself better, not heal it for you.
- It does not look only at your current symptoms, but the underlying causes, as well as the rest of the body. For example, if you go to a chiropractor because you have lower back pain, your chiropractor will look at the cause of that symptom, whether you might be sitting too much, lifting incorrectly or recently experienced an accident or injury. Further, a chiropractor will ask about your overall health and behaviors: How is your diet? Are you drinking enough water? Is anything or anyone upsetting you? How do you sleep? Believe it or not, diet, sleep, and stress level are all intertwined with one’s health and well-being, and Chiropractic can help keep these in line for the greatest health benefits.
- It does not give diagnoses. Chiropractic is not there to give you a quick answer and a cure. It’s designed to help your body heal itself – by observing it and strengthening those parts of it that need strengthening, and addressing those areas that are not ideal, with the intention of making them more ideal.
- It does not offer drugs or surgery as a solution. Neither drugs or surgery are in themselves solutions because they come with so many consequences that then need to be dealt with. Drug side effects and recovery and therapy after surgery are only the tip of the iceberg. Drug residuals remain in your body after using any kind of drugs. In the short-term they affect your awareness, and by numbing the pain, mask your body’s ability to heal itself. Thus, pain and recovery actually last longer. Same with surgery. Though it may appear this is a long-term “fix”, forcing an action on your body – especially if there are other ways to address the problem – puts the other parts of your body into a compensating action. What this means is that, typically, surgery, in the long-term, results in other problems in other areas of your body that had to change to adjust to the change acquired by surgery.
Your chiropractor is a doctor in the best sense of the word. He wants you to heal, naturally and quickly. Addressing and correctly the spine, and all the internal systems and organs associated and connected to the spine, clearly is the ideal solution for long-term health and wellness.
Make an appointment today!
Dr. Dana Ballerini
1442 Irvine Blvd, Suite 101
Tustin, CA 92780